Fine Whisky and Cigars
The presentation of fine hand-rolled cigars to discerning cigar smokers at has reached a new level of luxuriousness. A stunningly crafted humidor painstakingly pieced together by master craftsman Daniel Marshall who’s world renown humidors were awarded the No. 1 rating by Cigar Aficionado Magazine. DM has been creating luxury smokers furniture since 1982 . Daniel uses oak staves from casks that have matured The Balvenie PortWood 21 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky.
The 1962 Balvenie Whisky Stave Humidor has been created from a number of 50 year old port ‘pipes’. These casks have held the Portuguese fortified wine before being filled with 21 year old Balvenie by Malt Master, David Stewart. It is these pipes that give this aged single malt its ripe, fruity notes and deep, honeyed flavors of nutty spice.
Supplied with uncharred staves by the distillery’s cooperage - it is the only company in Scotland to still have a team of coopers mending and tending every cask used in its whisky production – Daniel only requires the straight parts of the stave to give precise finish that has a rich, old colour and texture, compete with rusty strap marks embedded into the old wood. Touches such as 24 carat gold fastenings add an extra finesse to the stunning humidor. Perfect humidity is maintained inside this humidor, replicating the climate of the great regions that grow tobacco, allowing for perfect aging of the finest cigars. Four months and many hours of craftsmanship that go into creating each humidor in Daniel’s workshop in Santa Ana, California, is formidable and quickly apparent upon sight of the finished piece. The authentic and original whisky stave us carefully fit to the exterior of this unique humidor and the interior of the humidor is the actual interior wood from the same whisky cask. A old world scent, delicate and earthy of whisky barrels that have been aging for decades emanates from the humidor evokes memories of visits to the distillery’s aging storage rooms in Scotland.
Commenting on the humidor creation, Daniel Marshall said: “Whisky and cigars are the ideal digestif pairing for a discerning gentleman, so it makes sense to combine the two for such a fine object. The Balvenie Portwood casks have a real character to them, which is not just evident in the flavour carried in the whisky, but in the grain and appearance of the wood itself. You can see where the iron rings holding the casks together have left their mark on the humidor’s staves, it’s a truly rare and impressive material to work with.”
“It is fantastic to think that connoisseurs of Whisky and fine cigars at [insert name of bar] will be able to admire the humidors and contemplate the life the wood has had in caring for two of their finer pleasures,” added Daniel. He said that fine cigars and whisky create a most special atmosphere allowing and inspiring all to celebrate life, savor the moment as we sit and unwind around the “Modern Day Camp fire” that these two magnificent pastimes and passions evoke in all of us. He went on to add that we don’t smoke cigars… we taste them.
Drinkers are able to enjoy a fine dram of The Balvenie PortWood 21 Year Old and a fine cigar ever so subtly infused with the honeyed character of this award winning whisky from the humidor.
Only 40 will be made.
Capacity: 125 Cigars
- Cedar Cover for Humidity Regulator
- Two Spanish Cedar Dividers in compartment
- Solid Spanish Cedar construction
- Digital hygrometer
- Humidification System
- 24k Gold Plated Hardware
- Marking Calendar
- 2 oz Daniel Marshall Special Care Humidifier solution
- Distilled Water Bottle
- Humidor Setup and Maintenance Instructions by Mr. Daniel Marshall
- 1 Bottle of Balvine
- 2 Tasting Glasses
- Dimensions: 14"x10"x5.5"
Each unit is individually badged and considered limited edition due to the limited volume manufactured.
Each unit is unique in its character, exact product exterior may vary from images. Images are provided directly from Daniel Marshall Inc.
This product ships directly from the Daniel Marshall Factory.
- The Balvenie is a unique range of single malts created by David Stewart, The Balvenie Malt Master. Each has a very individual taste, but each is rich, luxuriously smooth and underpinned by a distinctively honeyed character. Little has changed at Balvenie Distillery over the years. The only whisky distillery in Scotland to still employ the five traditional crafts in making a single malt Scotch whisky. It still grows its own barley, has its own traditional floor maltings, a coppersmith to tend the stills, coopers to mend the casks and the industry’s most experienced malt master.
- The Balvenie Single Malt Scotch Whisky is produced by William Grant & Sons Ltd, an award-winning independent family-owned distiller founded by William Grant in 1886 and today run by his direct descendants.